Tuesday, November 30, 2010

first date!

Ok so I've been unsingle for almost a month now, and even though we've spend ALOT of time together, they were all to study, lunch, or in school. We never really went out on an actual date!

So when exams ended tmr, it was a day of fun with my girl :)


rofl why does she look so surprised here. haha

We went to watch the latest Malay show Rapun Sayang. Ok no la obviously not I don't even know if there's such a word. it's RAPUNZEL! Otherwise known as, Tangled!



cinema so dark

The movie was.. ok la. The songs were very nice (Mandy moore :D and even the duet with Zachary Levi!) and I thought the story was good all the way until... the last part. Like I don't want to spoil people who haven't watch.. but I felt it was too Disneyfied and the ending was like.. >< so convenient

After the show, we went to New York New York!


 Secret snapshots of her while she was deliberating over the menu.
I must say I like how they keep trying to improve! There have been changes to the menu since the last time I went there (which was about 1-2 months ago? Maybe more but not THAT long ago) such as inclusion of an 'Elite 8' which is basically the 8 most popular dishes I guess. 

I highly recommend the Chicken Mushroom Mozerella Cheese (I probably got the name wrong but it has these 4 words la just forgot the order haha) It's super super filling and very nice!!
Here it is! it's the size of 2 palms btw.



I ordered the fish and chips in the Elite 8.. it had the words Devil and Chilli or SOMETHING like that in it to suggest that it's spicy  but it's not spicy at all! But yea super nice fish and chips, taste similar to Fish and Co and Manhattan Fish Market la. HUUGE portion as well.



Ok although there was a pretty waitress who kept waiting on us and was very polite and helpful (and brave.. she just picked up my used tissue paper whole (instead of like pinching it by the edges).... what if it is like soaked with mucus or something HAHA), the service before that was abit bad? Like when we placed our orders we ordered 2 iced waters... and they never came. So we had to ask another waitress for it.. and it never came. Then finally it came and it was in this plastic disposable cups. 
I looked around the entire restaurant, we were the only people who got these cups!! Why ah! Other people had the normal blue plastic cups. They see SH look like little girl then can give this one issit. Not environmental friendly sia. 

And my favourite dish from NYNY:
 NYNY Mudpie with Icecream!
It's superrr shiok. When SH ate her first bite, a smile crept across her face, and she said it was an involuntary smile haha. You really cannot help it one! Like the first time I ate I think I also like that.

I don't really like how they changed it though, last time it was not swimming in a pool of hot chocolate syrup like this. The problem with this, although damn shiok because of the excess of chocolate, is that the warm chocolate syrup causes the icecream to melt damn fast! So have to eat faster cannot savour

Too much chocolate syrup leftover, must play.


After that we went for a walk along Singapore River ~

Trying to be skilled and capture the backdrop as well


So nice right


Ok that's a wrap. Time to watch some Starcraft2 commentaries and play some games :)